FCC's AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM - INTERNET SUBSIDY FOR QUALIFYING FAMILIES
- The Affordable Care Program (ACP) was created to help households struggling to pay for internet service.
- All families approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year are eligible for this program.
- ACP provides a monthly discount for broadband service of up to $30/month, or up to $75/month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
- For more information and resources to share with families, please visit the FCC’s ACP Website. Materials are available inmultiple languages.
- The NYS Library is also hosting an ACP "Train-the-Trainer" program, which will provide turnkey information on how to help others apply for this program. Information and Registration can be found on the New York State Library’s website.