1:1 Device Information for Parents
Quick Tech Updates for FDR&HMS Parents
- In the next few weeks, your student will receive a Chromebook for their use in school and at home.
- In order to receive a Chromebook, the student and parent/guardian must:
- Both sign the Student Handbook, including the Technology Acceptable Use Policy, and return the signature page to the building Main Office
- Both sign the 1:1 Device Handbook, and return the signed signature page to the building Main Office
- Complete the online Digital Citizenship lessons and tests (this can be done at home or in school). The lessons are available at: https://sites.google.com/hpcsd.org/digcitizen. Students will need to login with their school email account.
- In addition to the Dell 11 Touch-Screen Chromebook, your student will receive a power charger to be kept at home, and a hard-shell case.
- Students are responsible for any damage, loss, or destruction to the Chromebook (please see the 1:1 Device Handbook for more information - available in print in the Main Office, or online at http://tinyurl.com/y9jx4b3y. The District is not offering insurance - parents can purchase this independently.
- For those families that do not want their students to bring the Chromebook home, students have the option of leaving the Chromebook with the building librarian for overnight charging. It is the student’s responsibility to place it in the library charging cart each night, and to retrieve it for classes the next morning.
- The Chromebooks will be collected at the end of the school year for inventory. Students will receive the same Chromebook back the following fall.
More information about the HPCSD 1:1 Device Program can be found in the 1:1 Device Handbook, and on the Technical Services webpage, under 1:1 Device Homepage. Please send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 845.229.4004.