Welcome to Central Registration!
All schools and office buildings are closed until further notice, but we are working remotely.
During the school closure we are offering several ways to register your child.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE OPTIONS TO SEE WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU
1. Registration packets can be printed out and sent to us - details on how to submit are below.
2. Online Pre-Registration is for students NEW to the district. Click here to go to Portal. Additional forms need to be completed - see below.
3. If you have a child in your family starting school in September that has never been enrolled in the district, you can add them through your parent portal account.
4. Children enrolled in Universal Pre-Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year received a registration packet prior to school closing. This packet needs to be completed and returned to the Registration Office - details on how to submit are below.
5. Children currently receiving special education services that will be entering Kindergarten in September 2020, need to complete the Kindergarten Registration packet which is available below.
6. Children currently receiving special education services that are interested in applying for Universal Pre-Kindergarten in September, must complete and submit the UPK Application which is available below.
Additional Forms Required when using the Parent Portal or Online Pre-Registration
Enrollment Form - This must be filled out for each student
Residency Affidavit - This form is for renters who do not have a formal lease. - For all grades
Transportation Form - To request an alternate drop off or pick up location
Medicaid Consent - Complete if student is receiving special education services and has Medicaid benefits.
Kindergarten Records Request Form (FERPA)
Elementary Students - Grades 1 through 5
Elementary Records Request Form (FERPA) - for students grades 1 through 5
Middle School Students - Grades 6 through 8
Middle School Records Request Form (FERPA)
High School Students - Grades 9 through 12
Athletics Transfer Form - to be completed if student played varsity sports
Please click here for information on how to submit addtional documents, registrations and applications during the closure.
Thank you for your patience while we work remotely.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 11 Boice Rd., Hyde Park, New York. BUILDING IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Entrance is on the side of the building. Reserved parking is available.
Phone: 845-229-4000, extension 1606 - the phones are being monitored while we are working remotely
In order to be enrolled in the Hyde Park Central School District, you must reside within the boundaries of the school district. Children may only be registered by a parent or legal guardian. See BOE Policy 5150. See BOE Policy 5150.
Registration packets can be printed out from this page (see below). Each packet contains a checklist that explains what is required in order to register.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Children must be 5 years old by Dec. 1, 2020 to be eligible for enrollment in September 2020.
UNIVERSAL PRE-K APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Children must be 4 years old by December 1, 2020 for September 2020 enrollment.
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten program is funded through a New York State education grant
Click here for Universal Pre-Kindergarten Application
REGISTRATION for Students attending PRIVATE and PAROCHIAL SCHOOL
Registration is required for students who live in the Hyde Park CSD that are attending private or parochial schools:
- The district reimburses private and parochial schools for certain services. We cannot reimburse them if your child is not registered with us.
- Transportation cannot be provided for your child if they are not registered.
- NYS Education law requires that you request transportation EACH YEAR, by April1st, for the next school year. The transportation request form is included in the registration packet below.
Registration Documents Requirements
The following documents must be provided at the time you register your child(ren):
- Proof of Residency for Homeowners:
- If you are the owner and occupant of a home within the district, you will need to provide a copy of your current school or property tax bill AND one current, recurring bill such as electric, cable or phone bill. The bill must have parent/guardian name and address on it for service at this address.
- If you have recently purchased your home and do not yet have a tax bill, you may provide a copy of your contract, closing statement or deed. You will also need to provide at least one current, recurring utility bill as stated above.
- Proof of Residency for Renters:
- If you are renting an apartment in a complex, you need to provide your signed lease, AND a current, recurring utility bill such as electric, cable or telephone bill. The bill must have the parent/guardian name and address for service at this address.
- If you are renting privately, or are living with another person, you must provide the signed lease and have the landlord complete the Residency Affidavit which is included in the registration packet, AND provide a current, recurring utility bill such as electric, cable or telephone bill as stated above.
- Proof of Age
- Child's original birth certificate
- Child's passport
- Immunization Health Record & Physical Exam -
Each child entering school must bring proof of immunization against polio, measles, rubella, diphtheria, and mumps. The only exception to this law is a physician's statement that immunization may be detrimental to the child's health. A physical exam report can be dated no more than 1 prior to enrollment date.
- Photo Identification of parent registering the student(s).
- IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) if your child receives special education services.
- 504 Accommodation Plan if your child receives accommodations.
- Court documents such as a custody order or order of protection, if applicable.
- DS2999 form if you are registering a foster care child.
- Proof of Residency for Homeowners: