Healthy Kids Files
Healthy Kids Program Overview
Welcome to the Healthy Kids Extended Day Program. We understand that child care is one of your most important decisions and we’re glad that you have chosen the Healthy Kids Program to meet your childcare needs.
The Healthy Kids Before/After School program is one of the largest, most experienced and highest quality providers of extended day child care in New York with programs in dozens of elementary schools in Dutchess, Orange and Westchester counties. Our directors and staff are highly skilled, background-checked and credentialed. NYS Office of Children and Family Services licenses and oversees our programs. We gladly accept DSS.
Melissa Flores email: Melissa@healthykidsprogram.org
Register anytime before 8/1 and pay nothing until 8/15 when September tuition is due . Please see file below for more information and registration form.
Healthy Kids General Information
- Healthy Kids Extended Day Programs offers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 day a week options.
- There are reduced fees for families qualifying for free lunch or reduced lunch.
- For fee information see the price sheets on pages 12 and 13 of this packet.
- Children eligible to participate in the Healthy Kids Extended Day Program must be registered in elementary school or a pre-k program.
- The Healthy Kids Extended Day Program operates under a license from the NYS OCFS which oversees and regulates childcare programs. Among the requirements of the license is a full background check of all staff (including fingerprinting).
- ? A childcare regulation that you need to know about is that before starting any program; all children are required to have a complete application on file including their medical history.
- The program follows the schools calendar of the district that school is in.
- The program will not run on any days that school is closed unless otherwise noted.
- If your school district makes the decision to dismiss school early (early dismissal) due to snow or other unscheduled event, the Healthy Kids After School program is cancelled. If your school district has a delayed opening, the Healthy Kids Before School program is cancelled.
- Please call the school phone number and listen to recording for closing updates or check the website. We will not make calls to inform you of any last minute emergency school closings.
- In many schools we offer half day programs on early dismissal days, check with your Area Director for more information.
You’ll find lots more information in the parent handbook which we will go over in detail at the required parent orientation.
New Parent Orientation
A mandatory parent orientation for all new parents will be held for all extended day programs when we’ll go over everything you need to know about the program including the parent handbook. Check with the Area Director for location, date and time.