WELCOME!Thank you for visiting my teacher webpage! Here is a list of things students will learn about in class.GENRE STUDY
- Reading biographies of various famous people: Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, Ruby Bridges, Harriet Tubman, Jesse Owens, Anne Frank, Colin Powell, Susan B. Anthony
- Noticing that all biographies have similar characteristics
- Having students use what they've learned about the genre to "think like a teacher" and create their own list of comprehension questions.
VOCABULARY & WORD ATTACK SKILLS
- Reading from scripts to improve expression
- Recording their oral reading and conferencing with me about their strengths and challenges
- Learning root words --because fluent readers have learned how to break words into parts and then put them back together again.
- Studying Wordly Wise vocabulary, root words, and literary elements through my class account on Quizlet.com.
- Trying to compete against their classmates for the highest score on Quizlet.com