Profile of a Graduate
Profile of a Graduate from Hyde Park Schools
The Hyde Park school community has high expectations and standards for all students. We challenge and inspire individuals to become creative and critical thinkers who make ethical choices. Our students will be able to work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems. They will become life-long learners and responsible citizens in a democratic society, and be prepared for the demands of a highly technological and global community.
Our schools provide nurturing, respectful environments that develop and support the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and aesthetic development of our students. We celebrate diversity and foster a sense of belonging for all students, emphasizing the importance of contributing to the greater community. The Board of Education, teachers, administrators, school staff, parents, students and community members all share the Hyde Park Central School District Strategic Coherence Plan responsibility for education in Hyde Park. The Hyde Park Central School District is dedicated to continuous improvement and is committed to maintaining the flexibility necessary to anticipate and respond to a changing world.
Hyde Park Graduates will be:
- Responsible Individuals who respect themselves and others through healthy lifestyles and positive community relationships.
- Self-Directed Life-Long Learners who understand and appreciate learning.
- Critical Thinkers who anticipate, identify and evaluate issues and use multiple resources to solve problems in a variety of contexts.
- Involved Citizens who demonstrate the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values necessary for full participation in a democratic society that is part of a global community.
- Effective Communicators who comprehend and express knowledge, thoughts, feelings and perceptions in a variety of ways.
- Cooperative Participants who, in working groups, accomplish goals and tasks while appreciating individual contributions.
- Culturally Appreciative Persons who value arts and humanities in their diverse forms and who respect creative expression of interests, talents, experiences and historical appreciation.
- Mathematically, Scientifically and Technologically Competent People who apply the skills and strategies of mathematics, science and technology to everyday tasks and problems.