Drills and Techniques
Key Skills for Successful Volleyball Sets
Get to the ball
- Get to the ball as quick as you can
- Square your body up to the target
- Have your right foot slightly in front with your bodyweight balanced
- Your shoulders, hips, and feet face the target
- Knees are bent and your back is straight
- Hands are above your forehead
- Hands are in the shape of the ball
- Contact the ball above the forehead
- Keep elbows comfortably bent
- Use your legs to generate power through your body up to your hands
- Fully extend your arms and then your entire body
It's important to note that no two setter's set the same way. Regardless of your skills, what's important is that you get the job done.
Therefore, it may be best for player's to experiment with different strategies for setting to develop their own unique setting technique.