Food Service Department
All children 18 years of age and under are eligible for FREE meals!!!
**A face mask must be worn in order to receive meals**
Meals in School:
- FREE to all students through June 30, 2021!!
- Students order their meals in advance each morning
- FDR and Haviland: Grab and Go breakfast is provided in the cafeteria. Each morning, students recieve an email containig an order form to place their lunch order.
- Elementary Schools: Grab and Go breakfast meals are distributed each morning as students arrive. Lunch orders are place each morning with their teacher.
- UPK: Students are provided the menu breakfast and lunch meal each day
Distribution for Virtual Days: (Open site for children 18 years of age and younger)
- When: Wednesdays, weather permitting. If distribution is cancled, notification will go out and alternate arrangements will be made.
- If a holiday interfears with distribution an alternate distribution day will be announced for that week
- Where: District Office located at 11 Boice Road, Hyde Park (across from Regina Coeli Church on Route 9)
- Time: 10am to 1pm and 3:00-5:00pm.
How Does it Work??
- Breakfast and Lunch meals for for each child, for the week, will be provided at pickup
- Parents or Guardians are permitted to pick up for their children only. If a family member is picking up a meal they must provide written concent each week with the name of the person picking up the meals. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the student becomes quarentined, meals for all schol days will be provided while the student is participating in virtual learning
- Families stay in their car until food is placed on a table to pick up and staff have moved 6 ft away
- If your child has an allergy, please contact the Food Service Department. With proper documentation, appropreate meal alternatives will be provided to meet their dietary needs.
- If you are unable to pick up during these distribution times please contact food service before Friday at 4pm to make alternate accommodations (845)229-4006 or email@example.com.
- Do you have questions?? Email us at Foodservices@hpcsd.org or call 229-4006
To help limit interaction, and to adhere to department of health recommendations, families will be required to get out of the car to pick up their meals. Meals will be placed on a table 6 feet away from staff.
Please ensure that the district has the correct phone number on School Messenger for you to receive the most updated information regarding distribution.
Free and Reduced Meal Eligiblity
While all students are able to recieve free meals through June 30, 2021, those students that qualify for free and reduced meals are also eligible to recieve additional benefits. A letter noting student's eligiblity was mailed home at the begining of the year. If you you are unable to locate this documentation, please contact the Food Service Department to recieve a new copy.
Meal prices for 2020 - 2021 school year
2019 – 2020 Meal Price
2020-2021 Meal Price
Student Breakfast – All Locations
Reduced Breakfast – All Locations
Adult Breakfast – All Locations
$2.44 includes tax
HPCSD Elementary Lunch
HPCSD Middle School
HPCSD High School Lunch
Reduced Lunch – All Locations
Adult Lunch – All Locations
$4.87 includes tax
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.
Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.