Mr. Fraczek's Technology Curriculum
Mr. Fraczek’s Technology Education Curriculum
Mr. Fraczek’s curriculum is based upon the NYS intermediate standards for Technology Education and fulfilling the NYS mandate for 40 weeks of Technology Education at the Middle School level. This curriculum is project based meaning students work hands-on to complete projects for grades.
Bloom's Taxonomy highest level "Creating" is achieved in Technology Education at Haviland. Students use the information taught to them to create, design, build, construct, plan, and produce using a higher order of thinking that is required to create. Each Technology Education discipline explored at Haviland is available to all students to study in depth at Franklin Delano Roosevelt High School to prepare students for college or a career of their choice.
Technology-the usage and knowledge of tools, processes, systems, methods and management. Education-any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character or physical ability of an individual. Technology Education is the study of technology, which provides an opportunity for students to learn about the processes and knowledge related to technology's ability to shape/change the physical world by manipulating materials.
In parentheses next to each project listed below are the NETS & ISTE Standards correlated with that project. Also the NYS Standard 5-Technology-Intermediate applies to all projects: Engineering design, Tools, Processes, Systems, History & Evolution of Technology.
Graphics Communications Unit:
1. Me Introduction Project
(ISTE NETS 1, 2, 5, 6)
2. Team Report Project (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
3. Photoshop Tree Project (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 3, 5, 6)
4. Photoshop Snowflake Project (ISTE NETS 1,2, 3, 5, 6)
5. Photoshop I’m Famous Project (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
6. Photoshop Photo-cube (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 3, 5, 6)
Extra Credit Photoshop Project "Me and my clones" (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 5, 6)
Bridge CAD drawing Unit:
7. CAD drawing projects: Half-scale and full-scale drawings. (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 5, 6)
8. Bridge design, building and testing bridge design. (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 4, 5, 6)
Online Bridge assignments. (ISTE NETS 1, 2, 4, 5, 6) (Common Core ELA)
9. Reaction tester project (NYS Standard 5-Intermediate)Plastics Project:
10. Acrylic Icicle project (NYS Standard 5-Intermediate)
Tools and Safety:
11. Tools and their safe use
(NYS Standard 5-Intermediate)