Welcome to Central Registration!
Location: 11 Boice Rd., Hyde Park, New York.
Entrance is on the side of the building. Reserved parking is available.
Phone: 845-229-4000, extension 1606
Hours: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday
In order to be enrolled in the Hyde Park Central School District, you must reside within the boundaries of the school district. Children may only be registered by a parent or legal guardian.
Registration packets can be printed out from this page (see below) or you can stop by during business hours ( 9 am - 3 pm) to pick up registration materials. Each packet contains a checklist that explains what is required in order to register.
Once you have completed the packet and have all of the required documentation, please call 845-229-4000, extension 1606, to schedule an appointment to submit your paperwork.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Children must be 5 years old by Dec. 1, 2020 to be eligible for enrollment in September 2020.
Registration for Kindergarten will be held Monday through Friday, March 23rd through March 27th and March 30th through April 3rd, 2020, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please call 845-229-4000, extension 1606, to make an appointment.
The Kindergarten Registration Packet for September 2020 will be available by the end of January.
UNIVERSAL PRE-K APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Children must be 4 years old by December 1, 2020 for September 2020 enrollment.
Registration for Universal Pre-Kindergarten will be held Monday through Friday on these dates:
March 2nd - 6th
March 9th - 13th
March 16th - 20th
Call 845-229-4000, extension 1606 to make your registration appointment.
Please check back at the end of January for the UPK packet for September 2020
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten program is funded through a New York State education grant
REGISTRATION for PRIVATE and PAROCHIAL SCHOOL STUDENTS
Registration is required for students who live in the Hyde Park CSD that are attending private or parochial schools:
- The district reimburses those schools for certain services and we cannot reimburse them if your child is not registered.
- Transportation to those schools cannot be provided if your child is not registered. Additionally, per NYS Ed law, you must request, by April1st EACH YEAR, transportation to a private or parochial school.
Registration Documents Requirements
The following documents must be provided at the time you register your child(ren):
- Proof of Residency for Homeowners:
- If you are the owner and occupant of a home within the district, you will need to provide a copy of your current school or property tax bill AND one current, recurring bill such as electric, cable or phone bill. The bill must have parent/guardian name and address on it for service at this address.
- If you have recently purchased your home and do not yet have a tax bill, you may provide a copy of your contract, closing statement or deed. You will also need to provide at least one current, recurring utility bill as stated above.
- Proof of Residency for Renters:
- If you are renting an apartment in a complex, you need to provide your signed lease, AND a current, recurring utility bill such as electric, cable or telephone bill. The bill must have the parent/guardian name and address for service at this address.
- If you are renting privately, or are living with another person, you must provide the signed lease and have the landlord complete the Residency Affidavit which is included in the registration packet, AND provide a current, recurring utility bill such as electric, cable or telephone bill as stated above.
- Proof of Age
- Child's original birth certificate
- Child's passport
- Immunization Health Record & Physical Exam -
Each child entering school must bring proof of immunization against polio, measles, rubella, diphtheria, and mumps. The only exception to this law is a physician's statement that immunization may be detrimental to the child's health. A physical exam report can be dated no more than 1 prior to enrollment date.
- Photo Identification of parent registering the student(s).
- IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) if your child receives special education services.
- 504 Accommodation Plan if your child receives accommodations.
- Court documents such as a custody order or order of protection, if applicable.
- DS2999 form if you are registering a foster care child.
- Proof of Residency for Homeowners: